Mr. Tapan J. Ray
An Overview of Experience:
Over thirty years of national and international experience with excellence in the Healthcare Industry with Pharmaceuticals, Medical Diagnostics, Biotech, Nutraceutical/Cosmeceutical, Nutritional and Hospital Products businesses, based in India and the United Kingdom (UK).
Pharmaceutical Industry Policy, Strategy, Guidelines and Law:
Successfully represented pharmaceutical industry body for six years in a number of policy, strategy, guidelines and law making processes of the Government, including 12th Five Year Plan of India.
Held senior positions, including:
- International Product Manager, Glaxo plc, U.K
- International Marketing Strategy Manager, Glaxo plc, U.K
- Director on the Board of Glaxo India Limited
- Non-Executive Director on the Board of Biddle Sawyer India Limited
- Managing Director of Abbott Laboratories India Limited
- Managing Director of Kopran Limited, India
- CEO and Director of Sami Labs Limited, India
- Non-Executive Director on the Board of Shasun Pharmaceuticals Limited, India
- Chairman of the Board of Shasun Pharma Solutions Limited, UK
- Director General, Organization of Pharmaceutical Producers of India (OPPI)
Was the President and Vice-President of the Organization of Pharmaceutical Producers of India (OPPI) and the Chairman of its Marketing Committee.
- Independent Pharmaceutical Industry Analyst and Consultant
- Founder and Editor of PILMAN – A Tapan Ray Website on Healthcare: www.tapanray.in
- Member of the Advisory Board of Positive Bioscience
- Life Member of Bombay Management Association
- Visiting Faculty at India’s Top Management Institutes and a Keynote Speaker in various National and Inter-national seminars and conferences.
B.Sc (Honors) and a Masters Degree in Geology from the University of Calcutta, was a National Scholar and an alumni of the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad.
Tapan J. Ray may be contacted at: email@example.com; Twitter: @tapan_ray